Thursday, March 19, 2015

Meet Author DJ Shaw


Meet Author DJ Shaw!

 

 
 
 

         Tell me about your evolution as a writer. When did you start writing, and why?
I’ve been writing since I was ten but have only been in the publishing world since 2012.
 
 
        Who are your greatest inspirations, and why?
Laurell K. Hamilton, Stephen King, Dean Kontz, Kim Harrision, Charlane Harris, the list actually goes on lol. The reason I look up to these authors is because they write worlds that make me lose myself and I like to think that I write that way as well. If not right now then soon lol.
 
 
       Tell me about the first book that really captured your imagination and made you fall in love with reading.
R.L. Stine’s Fear Street series. Oh and The Sweet Valley High series lol
 
 
   Of all your characters who’s your favorite and why? Tell us about him/her/it.
MacKenzie Spayde because she’s the first character I’ve had that talks to me continually. She’s in her mid 20’s has lost her father and her mother is in an asylum, she’s found out a few things that have turned her world upside down and is about to discover a whole lot more earth shattering information
       
 
          Tell me about your experiences as a new author. What advice would you want any new author to know so that they have an easier time of it?
This is one of those questions that are a bit hard to answer lol My experiences as a new author have been a bit bitter sweet, though they are totally beginning to look up. As for advice I would tell any new author to never give up. There will always be haters out there and people who support you only when they feel they will get something out of it, don’t let that discourage you. Write what you know and how you feel. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. :-)
 
 

 

 

Find DJ's work at the following places:

 

Buy Links:
Amazon Link: http://ow.ly/JMUHx
Smashwords Link: http://ow.ly/JMV9S
iTunes Link: http://ow.ly/JN0PZ
Goodreads Link: http://ow.ly/JN0T1

 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

READERS NEEDED

ARC Readers Needed!

Do you love to read? ARC readers get exclusive access to books before they're published. If you like science fi...