Saturday, September 30, 2017

Thursday's Child: Jolie Mason


Thursday's Child: A Detective Thursday Mystery

Jolie Mason

Who is she?


Hayden Thursday is young to be a detective, that’s who. She’s the youngest decorated detective in twenty years on the Met PD.
Who am I? I’m her partner.
You can call me Ace, if you know what’s good for you.
Hayden was assigned to me after my partner of more than twenty years walked into the wrong end of a bangers knife. It was a routine call, if you understood that back in those days the bangers ran the lower boroughs.  Guns were impossible to get, so they carried knives and swords, if you can believe that.
The war took much longer to recover from than anyone could have guessed and crime was a given. Cops died everyday back then. You got kinda hardened to it, until it was your partner.


An excerpt:

I started drinking. Then one day, Chief calls me in and points at this school girl out his office window and says, “Meet your new partner.” Well, I reacted just as you’d expect me to.; denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.
Once it became clear that I either took the newbie or filled out my retirement packet, I accepted it. I’ve never regretted once. I may act like I do sometimes, but Hayden needs the pressure.

See, I know her, and she knows me. She needs the push and pull. She needs someone herding her toward the finish line or she gets lost in the details. I needed someone to care about enough to put down a bottle.

Anyway, we caught a case; A local crime boss was smuggling women out to the badlands from a warehouse. His niece found out, and she turned on the family. It was a mess.

Hayden and I barely got there in time to get Mary out of that burning warehouse. We did it, and we made the case. We got the bad guy, and I found the love of my life.

So, if anyone asks me who Hayden Thursday is, my answer is always the same. She’s the daughter I never had. She’s one of the best things that ever happened to me, and she’s a damn good detective.

Releases October 5th

Preorder today for the introductory price of 0.99





No comments:

Post a Comment

READERS NEEDED

ARC Readers Needed!

Do you love to read? ARC readers get exclusive access to books before they're published. If you like science fi...