Tuesday, August 25, 2015

 
 

Amy's End of the Summer Book Review

Part I

The best books I read this year, and why!

 
 
I'm going to kick off my end of summer book review by discussing one of my favorite reads of this summer. I had the pleasure of reading this novel as an ARC and it features one of my favorite book heroes and one of my favorite character struggles from this year's list.
 
 
My Name is A'yen is the beginning to a series of books detailing the search for freedom of a slave race called the Loks Me and in particular the struggles of a young man named A'yen. A'yen has suffered in his life, losing his first beloved owner and lover and spending time in a prison afterward. This story kicks off when A'yen is freed from that prison and becomes the property of a female archaeologist who is about to travel to the outer reaches of the galaxy in search of proof that an ancient civilization existed there. A'yen is to be her protector and companion on the journey.
 
There is so much to this story that I can't possibly tell everyone about everything that makes this book great. What I can tell you is that you will see the world through A'yen's eyes and follow him on a personal journey to find trust, and love, again. Woven throughout A'yen's story is the story of his people and what he will come to mean to them in the end.
 
I highly recommend this book to readers who love strong heroes and stories of overcoming grief and struggles to find happiness. A'yen's story is just beginning, and readers will be on the edges of their seats to continue the saga.
 
 
 
 

Biography

Rachel Leigh Smith writes romance for the hero lover. She lives in central Louisiana with her family and a half-crazed calico. When not writing, which isn't often, she's hanging with her family, doing counted cross-stitch, or yakking about life, the universe, and everything with her besties. There may also be Netflix binging . . .

She's an active member of the Science Fiction Romance Brigade and Romance Writers of America.
 
Find Rachel on Amazon:
 
 

 
 

Buy it here:






1 comment:

READERS NEEDED

ARC Readers Needed!

Do you love to read? ARC readers get exclusive access to books before they're published. If you like science fi...