Thursday, June 11, 2015


Please welcome Paige Matthews, author of the In the Zone series:








Paige Matthews resides in Western Connecticut with her husband, two children, and dog. When she is not balancing work, school, and family, she can be found writing her next sexy smut or reading some. A lover of literature and an avid hockey fan, she is usually glued to the TV watching the Rangers or writing about sexy dominant players. She enjoys relaxing with some rock music and an adult beverage! You can keep up with her ramblings at www.paigematthews.com.
 



 


Interference 

 
Jessica:

Twelve years ago I lost everything I loved. I lost the ability to play the one sport that I had given every sweat and tear to. A career ending injury and a three-day coma left me hearing the words a player never wants to hear. 

Since that day, I have made it my goal to break into the one world a female hasn’t entered yet: The NHL and specifically- Head Athletic Trainer. Finally getting my chance to prove myself I will not let anything or anyone stand in my way of my new dreams…until he shatters every ounce of control that I’ve hidden behind for years. 

His arrogance, his determination and his god damn near perfect body set my body on fire. The more I try to stay away, the more I am drawn to him and the one night I give him- I lose. 


Micah:

I value nothing more than dominating on and off the ice. Nothing can deter my focus or my attention from taking my chance to prove to the world that I can capture the ultimate goal: the Stanley Cup. Coming off a heartbreaking loss in last year’s finals, the new season is full of promise and records. Until she walks in… 

The newest Athletic Trainer of the NY Hawks and sister of my biggest rival, Jessica McAdams sets my body on fire: a response I haven’t felt in a long time. From the first time I saw her at the club and heard her name mentioned around the locker room, I was taken. 

I could see through her walls, the false defenses she put up. She tries to pretend she is a stone cold and in charge woman, but I see the promise of what is underneath. As much as she pushes me away, the more I come to desire her, need her and want to dominate her. What starts as a mission to dominate the rough exterior becomes something I can’t live without- and she becomes the one thing I need more in my life than anything else, even if she doesn’t want me back. 




 Interference: amzn.to/1FHqoQV
 
 




Deflection:


Mackenzie: 

I had everything I wanted in life until one day I lost it all. A career ending injury and parents that turned their back on me, I was determined to make something of myself again. 

Until Ryan Jameson walks into my life and changes it. Everything I thought I wanted, everything I thought I knew, was just that-thoughts. 

The connection is undeniable, the lust unrelenting. He changes everything…but will it last? 

Ryan: 

I value my privacy. 
I rely on my dominance-on and off the ice. 
I believed I had everything I ever wanted or needed…. 
Everything was fine until she walked into my life. 


The connection we have is indescribable; the passion never ending. 
I never thought I’d fall again, but I couldn’t get enough. 

Now the past I’ve worked so hard to keep protected threatens to tear us apart before we have even begun. 

Can we overcome it or will it just be another deflection? 

 



 
Deflection: amzn.to/1FOhczv
 
 
 


Roughing:


Brianna:

Ten years. 

It’s been ten years since he ripped my heart out and left me broken and destroyed. 

Ten years of rebuilding, of moving on. 

But do you ever really move on from your first love? 

Now faced with the past, how do we deal with the future? 



Colin: 



Ten years. 

She left me a hollow man. No one has captured my heart since. 

Ten years spent focusing on my career and having fun. 

That is until she reappears in my life. 

Can I convince her to give us a second chance? 

 


  

(18+) An excerpt:
 

Deflection:

        “I’ve been waiting for you to step away.” His deep, hushed tone filled my ears as I inhaled his scent.
“Is that so?” I asked, unable to turn around. He had me pinned against the bar with his body. I could feel the hardness of his muscles against me, including his erection against my ass.
“You feel this too, don’t you?” he asked, his finger now trailing down my arm.
“Yes.”
“Good. Ever since I saw you the other day, I’ve needed more. And just my luck here you are.”
“Coincidence?” I asked, not needing an answer. My body was heated, and I could feel the wetness increasing between my legs. He hadn’t even touched me more than running his finger up and down my arm, and I was ready to jump him.
“Maybe, but I don’t believe in those. But I will take it as a sign.” He moved his lips to my ear. “Name, doll?”
“Mac,” I blurted out. The heat from his whisper, combined with the nip of my ear, had me fighting hard to keep my calm.
“Mac. I like it,” he laughed, moving his left hand around my hip and settling it on my stomach. “Want to join me somewhere a little more private?” His fingers ran across my skin, and I could feel the calluses of his fingertips on my tingling flesh.
“Yes.” I didn’t know what this man was doing to me, but my God, I was ready to burst. I was at the point where I would have let him do anything he wanted to my body. I hadn’t felt this much pull toward someone in a very long time. “One condition,” I was able to blurt out.
“Yes?” he purred again in my ear.
“Only tonight.”
“I can’t agree to that,” he said, keeping me faced away from him, his hand now teasing the waistband of my skirt.
“Why not?” I asked, taking in a breath as he moved his hand lower.
“I don’t think I’ll be satisfied with only one night, nor do I believe, by the way your body is responding to me, the way I can smell your arousal, that you’ll be able to walk away after tonight.”
“I’ll be able to walk away. One night – that’s all I can give right now,” I answered back, my brain fucking with my hormones.
“I’ll take tonight, but I promise you it won’t be our last.” His fingers now danced across the front of my soaked underwear.
 

Author Links:

Tsu @paigematthews
INstagram: Authorpaigematthews
 
Thanks for joining me today, Paige! Best of luck with all your work!
 



 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

READERS NEEDED

ARC Readers Needed!

Do you love to read? ARC readers get exclusive access to books before they're published. If you like science fi...