Monday, March 9, 2015

WHY THIS SONG MATTERS (TO GIN DRAVEN & TO ME)

WHY THIS SONG MATTERS


 
Now the dark begins to rise

Save your breath, it’s far from over.

Leave the lost and dead behind,

 Now’s your chance to run for cover.

I don’t want to change the world

I just wanna leave it colder.

Light the fuse and burn it up

Take the path that leads to nowhere.

 Watch the end through dying eyes

 Now the dark is taking over,

 Show me where forever dies

 Take the fall and run to Heaven.

 All is lost again

 But I’m not giving in.

 And I’ll survive,

 Paranoid.

I have lost the will to change.

And I am not proud, cold-blooded fake,

I will shut the world away.




I Will Not Bow

 Breaking Benjamin

 “Dear Agony”


 
 

A few thousand years from now Earth will begin to die, and humans will take to the skies to search for a new home for their species. They come upon a galaxy, with eight planets circling a young red sun. With a little terraforming and ninety thousand years, the world of Gin Draven is born.

Gin is a soldier. Born to war, he is charged with protecting his galaxy from the war that rages all around them. Once upon a time Gin gave his heart to a woman, and she ripped it out and left him for dead.

Now she’s back, and she’s the only way Gin will win the war he’s been fighting his whole life. Gin’s only choice is to marry the one woman he ever loved, and the one he hates most in all the universe.

I Will Not Bow is a song that would speak to Gin Draven, just as it speaks to me. This song, in fact, was playing the night Gin first woke up in my head. He was a stubborn bastard, with a penchant for keeping things close to the vest, but I learned a lot about him from this song.

When a man has recognized the darkness inside him he has two choices. Bend it to his will, or be bent. Gin Draven was not a man to allow his nature to take control. He fought against his own darker nature and even blamed it, a little, for the way the great love affair of his life ended.

But there is hope on the horizon for Gin Draven. It comes in the form of a dark-haired beauty and a sweet little girl. But will Gin ever open up and allow them inside the walls he’s built? That’s why this song would speak to Gin. Despite everything he endures, he is still a good man. A man with a heart and a soul, and the will to bring light to a dark and desperate world. And that, my friends, is why Gin Draven is a hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment

READERS NEEDED

ARC Readers Needed!

Do you love to read? ARC readers get exclusive access to books before they're published. If you like science fi...